Our Code of Ethics
As a member of AAIA’s Car Care Professionals Network, I pledge to:
- Provide the highest quality service possible.
- Adopt and follow accepted industry standards of service, training and certification.
- Commit to lifelong pursuit of education, dedicated to improving my technical and managerial knowledge and skills, as well as those of my employees.
- Conduct business in a professional and courteous manner with my customers, co-workers and the general public.
- Foster and maintain positive relationships with my customers, providing systems for communication and problem resolution.
- Actively support the profession and the industry, lending my name and efforts to issues of national importance.
- Support the industry at the state and local levels.
- Maintain facilities that are safe, clean and customer-friendly.
- Help educate the public about automobile maintenance and repair, utilizing tools from the “Be Car Care Aware” campaign.
- Operate my business with integrity, doing what’s best for the customer, the profession and the industry.
As a business that supports ASE and employs ASE-certified technicians, C&M Auto Service subscribes to the Code of Responsible Automotive Servicing Practices. As such, we promise to:
- Recommend corrective and maintenance services and explain to the customer which of these are required now to correct existing problems and which are for preventive maintenance.
- Offer customers a price estimate for work to be performed.
- Obtain prior authorization for all work done, in writing or by other means satisfactory to the customer.
- Make every effort to keep customers informed about appointments and completion deadlines.
- Furnish an itemized invoice for parts and services, priced fairly, which clearly identifies any used or remanufactured parts. Replaced parts may be inspected upon request.
- Furnish or post copies of any warranties covering parts or services.
- Exercise reasonable care for the customer’s property while it is being serviced.
- Fix the customer’s vehicle right the first time.
- Maintain a system for fair settlement of customer complaints.
- Cooperate with established consumer complaint mediation activities.
- Uphold the high standards of our profession and seek to correct any or all abuses within the automotive industry.
All ASE-Certified Master Technicians and ASE-Certified Technicians employed at C&M Auto Service promise to uphold ASE’s Code of Ethics for technicians, which makes the following pledges:
- I will strive to produce nothing but first-class workmanship.
- I will take advantage of every opportunity to increase my knowledge and skills concerning the work I am doing. I will dedicate myself to lifelong learning.
- I will use only those materials that are proven to be safe and recommended by the manufacturer.
- I will recommend to a customer only work on the vehicle that I believe to be necessary.
- I will treat every customer’s vehicle as I would my own.
- I will attempt to correct any honest mistake made by another technician, without damaging the reputation of that person or their business.
- I will conduct myself so as to maintain and increase the public respect for all ASE-Certified Technicians.
- I will practice Service Integrity, which means that to the best of my ability, I will always work for the best interest of the customer, my employer and myself.
As members of the Bumper to Bumper Service Center Network, we also proudly adhere to the Bumper to Bumper Code of Ethics. C&M Auto Service pledges:
- To perform high-quality repairs at a fair price.
- To give the customer a price estimate for work to be performed.
- To use only proven high-quality merchandise.
- To employ the best skilled technicians obtainable.
- To furnish an itemized invoice. Replaced parts may be inspected upon request.
- To have a sense of personal obligation to each individual customer.
- To recommend corrective and maintenance services, explaining to the customer which of these are required to correct existing problems and which are for preventive maintenance.
- To furnish or post copies of any warranties covering parts or services.
- To obtain prior authorization for all work done, in writing, or by other means satisfactory to the customer.
- To follow state regulations.
- To notify the customer if appointments or completion promises cannot be kept.
- To exercise reasonable care for the customer’s property while in our possession.
- To maintain a system for fair settlement of customer concerns.